Hoist ropes in underground mining are the lifeline of each deep hoisting shaft. Therefore, safety and reliability are absolute prerequisites.
With hoisting rates and payloads steadily rising and the wish for ever-growing longevity, the requirements put on the quality of steel wire ropes have become extraordinarily high. Here’s TEUFELBERGER’s answer to these challenges:
- Exclusive use of high grade materials
- Use of state-of-the-art production technologies
- Close cooperation with our customers
- Intensive work performed by our Research & Development department
- Continuous quality control (ISO 9001), as well as
- Close cooperation with manufacturers of hoisting installations
Generally, different rope constructions can be used for hoist ropes in underground mining. The most important aspect beside safety is economic efficiency and hence the right choice of rope for the given conditions. What has to be considered, in addition to the required minimum breaking force and the specific weight of the rope, is the plant-specific mechanism causing damage to the rope. As a general rule, such mechanisms are associated with the following types of damage:
- Wire breakage due to material fatigue (bending cycles)
- Wire breakage due to wear and plastic deformation
- Corrosion caused by external influences such as humidity, salts, and other corrosive substances
The decision as to which hoist rope from TEUFELBERGER is the best choice for your application and your specific conditions should always be made in consultation with our specialists. Moreover, in many cases it’s a good idea to have the plant surveyed so that the hoist rope can be exactly adapted to the hoisting drum. Such surveying work is performed by our own application engineers on site.
Of course, TEUFELBERGER hoist ropes can be delivered with various wire coatings, depending on what you need. Moreover, the ropes can be provided with rope end terminations.
EVOLUTION QS816 V(G)EVOLUTION QS816 V(G) is a high performance hoist rope from TEUFELBERGER which impresses with its high breaking forces and its radial stability.
NOROTEC® MT 91NOROTEC® MT 91 is a rotation resistant high performance hoist rope featuring an innovative design, high breaking forces, high radial stability and...