Ropes for utility line construction
When it comes to fiber ropes for utility line construction, TEUFELBERGER and its professionals are in demand.
We have the perfect solution for the installation of cables and lines, for example:
- High voltage power lines
- Overhead line construction
- Medium and low voltage lines
- Data lines
- Buried cables
Cables can be installed using capstan winches or, in rough terrain, by means of a helicopter. Due to the reduced weight of fiber ropes compared to steel wire ropes, our products offer substantial advantages in terms of reduced weight and working time.
DuraTENOur mounting rope DuraTEN consists of UHMWPE and features high breaking force, low weight and a long service life.
HyperTENThe thermally pre-stretched mounting rope HyperTEN features breaking forces and a service life that are equal or even superior to steel wire ropes.
PCR-UDue to its design, PCR-U is the ideal rope for auxiliary mounting winches as it features a breaking force that is 20% higher than that of conventional...
At the customer’s request, we also deliver fiber ropes for winches, by means of which you can easily hoist the tools and equipment you need up there on the tower. Additionally, we offer a broad range of personal fall protection equipment to ensure that you are perfectly secured on the tower when working in dizzy heights.
Our fiber ropes are bound to impress you:
- Our fiber ropes weigh 7 times less than steel wire ropes. This is a particular advantage when transporting ropes through rough terrain where every kilo counts.
- You can use your existing equipment for steel wire ropes (winches, clamps, support rollers or deflection sheaves, etc.) with our fiber ropes.
- Our fiber ropes will help you save time as you can omit up to two working steps in a pulling operation.
- Our synthetic ropes excel due to very high breaking forces, which, in case of some constructions, even surpass those of a steel wire rope of the same diameter.
- Our fiber ropes offer optimum control and a very high degree of safety due to torsion and stretch indicators in the rope cover.
- Optional lengths are available according to customer requirements - practically without any limit.
- Teufelberger fiber ropes are characterized by perfect spooling behavior - no matter on which winch.
- With our synthetic ropes there is no danger of injury from wires sticking out, burst ends of the steel wire rope, or similar.
- The ropes ensure quick and easy handling as well as ergonomic working.
- We are flexible in terms of design, color variations additionally facilitate your work. The ropes can be quickly and simply identified, e.g. by diameter or year of manufacture.
- Extreme abrasion resistance for professional use.
- Our ropes for overhead line construction feature an extremely high reverse bending fatigue strength, a long service life and minimal stretch.
We offer the following rope end terminations:
- Spliced eye