Main hoist ropes and auxiliary hoist ropes
The right hoist rope for your crane application
Depending on the intended crane application, Teufelberger-Redaelli has the proper main or auxiliary hoist rope for you in its product portfolio.
High performance steel wire ropes used as main hoist ropes may be either rotation resistant ropes (e.g. EVOLUTION TK16, EVOLUTION TK18, EVOLUTION TK17, EVOLUTION TK 27) or non-rotation resistant ropes, which are mainly used in the field of harbor and industry applications (e.g. EVOLUTION Q8, EVOLUTION QS816V, EVOLUTION Q810V and EVOLUTION Q9XT PLUS), whereas only rotation resistant steel wire ropes are used as auxiliary hoist ropes.
The main criterion for choosing a certain hoist rope is an increase in efficiency and a maximum of safety. Each crane operator can be sure that operations will run economically and smoothly when he chooses main and auxiliary hoist ropes manufactured by Teufelberger-Redaelli using the technologies PLASTFILL® (plastic-infused ropes) and SUPERFILL® (compacted ropes).
To be able to meet our customers’ needs, Teufelberger-Redaelli produces hoist ropes in various diameters up to 105 millimeters. Depending on the application and the requirement, the ropes are either galvanized or non-galvanized. Hoist ropes of Teufelberger-Redaelli feature extreme diameter tolerances and flexibility.
For applications in a highly corrosive atmosphere we also offer specifically alloyed wires of zinc/aluminum. Renowned crane manufacturers equip their cranes with main and auxiliary hoist ropes produced by Teufelberger-Redaelli.
We’ll be glad to advise you on selecting the right auxiliary or main hoist rope!
Below, you’ll find the crane applications for which our auxiliary and main hoist ropes are used:
- In the building industry on tower cranes, all terrain cranes, crawler cranes, rotary drilling rigs, pile drivers and duty cycle crawler cranes, as well as scraper installations: https://www.teufelberger.com/en/products-services/construction.html
- In the port industry on mobile harbor cranes, ship to shore cranes, van carriers, shiplifters, and ship unloaders: https://www.teufelberger.com/en/products-services/harbor.html
- In the field of mining on cable cranes: https://www.teufelberger.com/en/products-services/mining.html
- In the oil and gas sector on offshore cranes: https://www.teufelberger.com/en/products-services/oil-gas.html
- In the field of ship cranes on onboard cranes and pontoon cranes: https://www.teufelberger.com/en/products-services/ship-crane.html
- In the steel industry on indoor cranes, ladle and foundry cranes, as well as on slab cranes: https://www.teufelberger.com/en/products-services/steel-industry.html